Call for Proposals for 2019 Community Arts Festival (CAF)
Do you have a fabulous stage production but no venue to present it in? Are you looking for a potential partner to assist with the financial costs of staging a drama, musical or dance production? Then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for!
The Playhouse Company, one of South Africa’s premier professional theatre institutions, would like to invite performing theatre companies/individuals to submit proposals for the Community Arts Festival which will take place at The Playhouse from 4 to 19 October 2019.
How to apply
Interested candidates need to email: email@example.com a comprehensive motivation which includes the following:
• Detailed proposal about the production to be staged.
• Information regarding the production company including history and experience.
• A letter of reference from a credible source.
• There are no restrictions on the genre of productions which will be considered.
• Support material about the company’s previous work would be an advantage.
The following criteria must be met in order for the productions to be considered.
1. Submit a list of the creative team which includes: cast members, technical team and the rest of the creative team.
2. The production must be stage ready.
3. Maximum 1 hour duration.
4. No live bands are permitted.
- Download the application form
All selected companies/applicants will be invited to showcase their productions at The Playhouse.
The deadline for submissions is: 31 May 2019.
Late submissions will not be considered.
For media enquiries email Sindi Sabelo, The Playhouse Company’s Marketing & Communications Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call her on 031-369 9405
Production Proposals Applications
Thank you for showing interest in partnering with The Playhouse Company.
Applications for 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 are now CLOSED.
Please take note of the following for future applications:
- Applicants must adhere strictly to the prescribed format (application form)
- In the event that your proposal receives favourable consideration, in relation to A – D listed below, The Playhouse Company is likely to provide one or a combination of the following contributions to your project: rehearsal and performance venues; technical support; marketing and promotional backup; access to existing props, costumes, sets and performance fees.
- Indicate capacity to deliver against your proposed production.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
|A||School Season: Education and development productions geared for scholars and/or matric learners|
|B||South African Women’s Arts Festival: Productions that highlight the lives and contributions made by women in society|
|C||New Stages: Existing professional productions that embody the creative talent of SA for intimate Playhouse venues|
|D||In- Association: Existing, fully-fledged productions presented in partnership with the Playhouse|
Pod not found