Call for Proposals: Community Art Festival 2018
The Playhouse Company would like to invite performing theatre companies to submit proposals for the Community Art Festival which will take place at The Playhouse from 5 to 20 October 2018.
Interested candidates need to email: email@example.com a comprehensive motivation which includes the following:
- A detailed proposal about the production to be staged.
- Information regarding the production company, including their history and experience.
- A letter of reference.
- Support material about the company’s previous work would be an advantage.
The following criteria must be met in order for the production to be considered:
- Submit a list of creative team, which includes: technical, creative team and cast members.
- The production must be stage ready.
- Maximum 1 hour duration.
- The production can range from drama, dance, musicals and lyrical poetry.
- No live bands are permitted.
All selected companies/applicants will be invited to showcase their production at The Playhouse Company.
The deadline for submissions is: 17 August 2018.
Late submissions will not be considered.
Production Proposals Applications
Thank you for showing interest in partnering with The Playhouse Company.
Applications for 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 are now CLOSED.
Please take note of the following for future applications:
- Applicants must adhere strictly to the prescribed format (application form)
- In the event that your proposal receives favourable consideration, in relation to A – D listed below, The Playhouse Company is likely to provide one or a combination of the following contributions to your project: rehearsal and performance venues; technical support; marketing and promotional backup; access to existing props, costumes, sets and performance fees.
- Indicate capacity to deliver against your proposed production.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
|A||School Season: Education and development productions geared for scholars and/or matric learners|
|B||South African Women’s Arts Festival: Productions that highlight the lives and contributions made by women in society|
|C||New Stages: Existing professional productions that embody the creative talent of SA for intimate Playhouse venues|
|D||In- Association: Existing, fully-fledged productions presented in partnership with the Playhouse|
Pod not found