The Playhouse Company is holding auditions for performers from community individuals who would like to be considered for 2020 Community Arts Mentorship Programme (CAMP), which will take place between 3 February – 27 March 2020.
“As an institution we are privileged to be afforded such an opportunity through funding from the Department of Arts and Culture’s Incubator Programme which enables us to hone the raw talents of our community based artists by assisting them to learn from the very best in the country and take what they have learnt to plough back to their communities,” said CEO & Artistic Director of The Playhouse Company, Ms Linda Bukhosini.
Those actors who are accepted into the programme will participate in daily workshops that focus on basic training in a range of drama disciplines, some of which include voice production, acting technique, script writing and stage management, etc.
Daily commitment is required in order to take part and only 18-35 years will be auditioned. Auditions will be held on Tuesday 21 January and call backs on Friday 24 January 2020.
Should you meet the requirements please email your CV and a photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is: 22 November 2019.
Please take note of the following:
– Start time of audition: 9am
– Venue: Playhouse Studio A1 (Playhouse Head Office, Acutt Street)
– Each candidate will be given five minutes each to audition. Walk-ins will not be entertained; candidates might be expected to wait for their audition;
– Please bring a headshot or full length photograph, as well as a resume with you to your audition;
– Candidates should arrive at least 30 minutes before their audition time